Thursday, June 01, 2006

Kindred Spirit #1 - Manifesto for Living

We saw this in the Washington Post Health Section a couple of weeks ago and it immediately went up on the refrigerator with one of the smiling real estate broker magnets that we get... Went out to the Post Web Site and I can't find it. So I type it in here...

"Manifesto for Living

My oldest brother's heart stopped beating at 10:57am, on Wednesday, July 21,last year. Chip was only 62. This year, I turned 50, and no longer will take my life for granted. With you as my witness, I declare my "Manifesto for Living."

One: Live for Love. Nothing is more important than love. I will put the relationships in my life first, and I will seek to see the divinity in everyone I meet.

Two: Let Go. Instead of becoming vested in specific outcomes, I will trust that what will be will be.

Three: Live in Gratitude. Several Months ago, I began the practice of beginning each day listing three things (or people) for which (or whom) I am grateful. When I remember to do it, I seem to have a brighter day.

Four: Follow My Energy. Yesterday, a friend posed the question: "What would your life be like if you were to simply follow your energy?" In his question, I found my compass.

This is my manifesto for living. Hold me accountable to it. Through it, I will live a rich and abundant life."

Ok, now I can put it back up on the refrigerator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home