Sunday, June 04, 2006

Happy SCUU New Year!!

Thanks to all who attended the Congregational Meeting Today!! This marks another new year at SCUU!!

SCUU Historical Reference link...

I was watching the kids during the meeting with Mr. Thieke. I brought some frisbees (I thought it was spelled with a z) along. We played with the frisbees a little bit but they were put aside for a soccer clinic with Elijah C. regarding the rainbow kick move; a yo-yo demonstration and workshop; a game of micro football toss and catch; and, a surfeit of pizza delivered by Jean C.

SCUU Axiom: if you leave your frisbees lying on the ground they will find their way into Denise Guthrie's Game Bag (DGGB). This is not a bad thing.

After the meeting I asked Elijah if he knew where my Frisbees went -- his family's frisbee avoided the DGGB -- and he told me it was carried away. I said that my frisbees are sacred artifacts that carry much personal history for me. He laughed when I said they were kidnapped!

Later in the day I saw Denise and I asked her if she knew of my frisbees and I told her how important they are to me. She said "you must be a "Frisbetarian". I said "yes I am".

I have now looked up the definition of Frisbetarian (or Frisbeetarian) on the great web:

Frisbetarian, "We're all frisbeterians. We believe when you die your soul ascends to a high roof top and you can never get it back". -Bono in NME 1987.

Bono of course is from the great UU band U2 (there's a musical math pun there).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home