Sunday, August 12, 2007

Usually if I See a Fox It's a Bad Sign...

Nevermind the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club, around February when I look out the window and see a fox the last several years it signified a rather volatile year; a year of much change. One year I saw a fox face off against a wild turkey; another year I saw three foxes in the snow chasing down a rabbit; and yet another year the fox walked up to our bird feeder in the back yard and marked the area -- like he owned the place. Each time I experienced massive disruptive change -- volatile with a capital "V".

This year in February I saw a dead fox by the side of the road on Clopper. I'm not sure how to interpret a dead fox. The practical pragmatic non-superstitious realist in me says: "It's a dead fox and part of the web of life".

This year there is another fox story; a fox story about an incredible act of bravery by a 5 year old [Link #1 to Fox Story]... [Link #2 to Fox Story] I read somewhere else that earlier in the day the fox had attacked a little girl in a nearby neighborhood. The theory was that the boy had fought off the same fox.

Thanks! & take care & be safe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home