Sunday, August 12, 2007

Would Everyone Please Stop Killing and Hurting Selves and Others!

I got up at Joys and Concern's a few Sunday's ago and said "I wish everyone would stop killing".

I think we should concentrate as much on "Kindness to Self and Others" as "Danger to Self and Others".

Maybe we should have a Global Thou Shalt Not Kill Day!!

I read a Rolling Stones magazine piece in the latest edition with Zach Ephron on the cover. The article spoke of a gang that was against racist and Nazi's. However the "against racist and Nazi" group would show up at Punk Metal Rock concerts and start fights that resulted in serious injury and sometimes loss of life.

The weird thing was that one of the concerts where fighting broke out was at a Unitarian Church!!!

After reading the words "Unitarian Church" in the middle of the article, I said to myself "that's one congregation and board that has to rethink their music concert policy". Of course I also immediately thought that violence is not a good solution; and I thought -- Would Everyone Please Stop Killing and Hurting Selves and Others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home