Sunday, February 10, 2008

WOW! Feeling a little Crispy.... Or "You want that on whole wheat, white, or rye Toast?"

TO RSVP Please Use Email Link: [OFFICIAL WOW RSVP EMAIL LINK].; Thank! & take care...

My Dad is fighting cancer. He's like a bouncing ball. When he hits the floor he's in the ICU or ER. Then he recovers, and he's functional again, and he's flying through the air. We're trying to help him spend more time in the free air. He says he's not an invalid. He has bestead all the odds. He's functional. Who am I to say he can't if he can? We've setup in home care to lessen the hard bounce off the floor.

I think I have joined the ranks of the Sandwich Generation. JP told me this when we had lunch on Teusday. I now think "well if I'm a sandwich then I'm a toasted sandwich"; I definitely feel a little toasty.

When we visited Dad today, later after he said "your being here means so much to me"; he said to my sons: "I hear you're having a tough time in some of your courses at school. Well you have to remember to keep on trying. Just keep trying and trying and eventually you'll have an epiphany; and, you'll get it. That's what happened to me".

It was so uplifting to me to hear those words. They define me. I breath those words.

Then I remembered I had a WOW tonight... Doh!! My folks used to say "you can't spread yourself too thin like butter on toast"... Trying to be two places at the same time is not simple...

OK, actually I remembered before that -- but it sounds good for dramatic effect. Vic called me at 5:35pm just as I was walking in the door. I spoke on the cell in the hallway. Jim called me to talk of other things at 8:36pm. So I was on the phone a bit in the presence of my dad.

When I got home I found Gwen's message. Gwen called the house and left a message at 7pm.

To manage the crispy feeling, I now think, I now know, that I need an RSVP before I'll show up for the WoW. I need a quorum. You can contact me via my email [Email Link]. You can call me using the phone number in the order of service or directory. And let me know that you're going to attend. If I don't hear from anyone before Saturday Morning then we are in "At a Mutually Agreed upon Time" Mode.

I definitely want to arrange to meet anyone who wants to be welcomed and who wants to talk about becoming a member of this great community -- which is what the WOW is all about.

We'll arrange the "personalized, flexible, and movable" WOW...

Later when we got home I asked my son: "Do you remember what granddad said?" My dear teenage son who is as tall as me and has bigger feet said "something about school?". You got to love him for his honesty. I told him what granddad said in what I hope was a gentle and loving manner.

Just keep swimming.

There's no place like change.
There's no place like change.

The most important manifestation of change is the act of learning...

Learning and loving are very intertwined...

Next Stop Abilene...

Thanks! & take care,
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home