Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Wild and Precious Life.... Question...

Last year I was asked to give my response to the question "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

The question appears in a poem by Mary Oliver. The poem sounds so gay -- the happy, joyful, wonderful gay; the positive gay; all who I love who are gay -- that the question at the end is jarring like this.

It's strange because Tom and Suzanne and I all gave our responses at Sunday service last year. I remember Suzanne's response because it was so clear and I am glad she is with us. I remember Tom's response because that's the day he announced he was leaving for Fiji -- and that was jarring. I miss Tom.

Even though the Poem's title is "The Summer Day" I still think of it as a spring poem.

Wild and precious pretty much sums up my year since then; here's my answer to the question...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home